Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 23:58:50 -0400
From: "Gennadiy Tsygan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] "Hardware" hibernation in L110

I need to stress that my experiences are based solely on my L110 running
WinXP. With XP and Win2000 hibernation is controlled by the OS, so
"hardware" hibernation is a rare, emergency occasion. That's why an
occasional blue screen is acceptable. The risk of ruining filesystem exists,
but it didn't happen in my test  on NTFS. System bluescreened , I rebooted
and everything worked fine.
        Cookies and temp files just don't take enough room to count for
useable savings. Of course, you can assign 80 MB temp files, but it will be
a waste itself. I found that even 5MB is adequate. To fill out the
hibernation space I will use a swapfile or some files I don't mind loosing,
like copies of MP3's from my home PC. With MP3 files no blue screen should
happen.
This is how my partitions look like.