Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 06:14:15 +0000
From: "neil barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] 50CT LCD

>Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 00:48:52 -0500
>From: "John Musielewicz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: 50CT LCD
>
>Is the 50 LCD compatiable with the 70CT?

Yes. between the 50 and the 70 *everything* is swappable except the mobo
(see caveats) and keyboard.

Caveats:

o if you put a 70 mobo in a 50 case, you need to do a little filing on the
case - the connector for the port replicators is slightly different.

o if you put disks wider than 8.5mm in a 50 case, you need to remove the
transparent and white spacers from the case back.

o The keyboard connectors are different, so you can't swap them.

o There are instances where software which works on the 50 won't work on the
70. We haven't been able to prove it, but it may be that the MMS intructions
on the 70 pentium are the cause.