Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 21:11:10 +0700
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: overlay programs  [LIB]

> The only reason I have Win95 on mine is to run some
> older programs I still use that will not run under
> Win2K, and to still use the IR port the way it was
> intended to be used. I can only fully backup or sync
> my PDA under Win95, as IR transfer does not work with
> it under Win2K. I also have a Canon BJC-80 IR printer
> that I drag around on long trips from time to time,
> and I can only print to it under Win95 using IR, it
> will not work under Win2K, and Canon claims it not
> compatible with Win2K for IR printing only.
> Thos are the main reasons. Eventually I will no
> longer need some of these older programs and will do
> away with the Win95 partition, and go to a strict
> Win2K setup.

Would it be possible to have a Win'2K/Win'95 dual boot setup (or
Win'2K/Win'98) where Win'2K has access to all the partitions on a
"big" HDD, but Win'95/98 just sees the BIOS-accessible 8GB and is
prevented from accessing the rest?

I'm thinking the first 8Gb could be regarded as the space in which
all "shared" data must go, the remainder would be Win'2K exclusive data (and
you wouldn't need to do the overlay thing).