Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 20:22:46 -0800
From: Casey Karp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: WinXP on 1100v

For anyone who was wondering...

I posted a while back that I was going to try installing XP Pro on my ff1100v.

The install went very smoothly over the network.  All of the built-in hardware
was recognized (including the camera!) except for the Smart Media reader.  A
quick trip to the Ratoc website to grab the latest XP-compatible driver and it
seems to be fine.

I note, however, that the camera doesn't actually seem to work, despite XP
having installed drivers for it.  This may just be a problem with the Windows
"Scanner and Camera Wizard".  I'll try a different program at some point when I
have more time.  If anyone has recommended software that is known to work on
the XP/1100v combination, please let me know!

The only really obnoxious thing I've found is that every time I boot the
computer, it complains that my video resolution (800x480) is too low and asks
me if I want to change to 800x600.  Since I hate scrolling, I keep refusing.
<grin>

Cheers!

        C.
--
Random blurb of the day:
Once is chance, and twice is coincidence, but thrice is conspiracy!