Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 19:09:34 -0500
From: "BCotton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: LIB 50 power Jack

I update my splitter use to jump start my L50 to use 12 volt battery
supplies. (As mention in this group many time, the low battery voltage
protection circuit doesn't work with a external battery supply, such as I
use, however, I use a voltage indicator to warn me, and switch to a new cell
pack. Pictures are here: http://www.billcotton.com/bicycle_electric.htm
I have two 12 volts AA NiMH flat pack, one with an eleventh cell to boost
the voltage if a pack is disconnected inadvertently. the second flat pack
has 10 AA NiMH cells. I also have three AA NiMH 12 volt clustered packs for
my bicycle lights, at one dollar apiece for 2000mAh; I find this a cheap and
lightweight source of power. At present I charges the AA cells on a ten
place Delta detect charger which has a separate LED for each cell. Charging
time is about 12 hour for each set.
The  Power Jack source is a Canadian company at www.rpelectronics.com

// Bill Cotton: Latitude N40° 03.756'  W75° 06.192'
// [EMAIL PROTECTED]   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
// [EMAIL PROTECTED]   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
// www.billcotton.com