Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:11:46 +0100
From: Mikkel Breiler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] HELP!

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 07:11:25 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:02:15 EST
>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: [LIB] HELP!
>
>Thanks Matt,
>Well it stalls in safe mode as well so I am stuck in DOS.

Dang.

>I am still holding out hope for saving the contents of my drive, at least
>till I can back up what I need.
>I ran scandisk and all is well there so here it sit.

Scandisk will only (barely actually) account for the basic state of the files on the
disk, it won't make any decisions on how those files will work. It is like the basic
neighbourhood watch, they look at your house to see if it still there, but they are
not liable if you find the house emptied when you arrive back.

>I loaded the backups of the registry and that did not work much to my
>surprise.
>I may have to get pro help as it is the only PC I have.

Serious counselling is expensive, save yourself the money for a shrink and have your
computer fixed instead, that will remove the stress symptom ;)

Your neighbour may not be a pro, but a 2.5'' harddrive USB box kit will cost you
little and be of so much help. So go get one, then put the libbys disk into it and
knock on the door to a neighbour, friend, collegue, someone who owes you a favour -
it's time to cash in the favours. ....Or to make new friends.... that'll work, but
probably set you up for a favour to someone later on.....

-breiler