Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:59:17 +0000
From: "Matt Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] EZ-Gig HDD swap

From: "George Waller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Just waiting for some feedback here re my last posting (link to EZ-GIG
instruction manual) in order to establish the exact procedure for
copying then swapping drives... at this stage there seems to be a query
re the BIOS and drive overlay set-up (i.e. I do not know the actual
procedures involved. Incidentally if I purchase a 10Gig drive I am not
worried about using beyond the 8.4Gigs that the Libretto "sees" - will
this make the procedure simpler?? If I can get to the stage where I can
visualise the procedure from beginning to end then I will go ahead - at
the moment seems a bit muddy. (Please bear in mind I am not a teckkie -
although am very acquainted with my beloved Libretto - I have never
mapped drives, adjusted BIOS, etc etc)

I guess you either didn't get my last post on this subject due to the recent server problem, or it slipped by you somehow George. That EZ-Gig setup you're looking at requires a system that will boot off of a CD-ROM drive. None of the he 50/70/100/110 Librettos are capable of that. You're only hope there will be if you can copy files off of the CD to a bootable floppy disk. You'd need to write Weesco and ask them if the EZ-Gig system can be made to work by booting the system from a boot floppy to >DOS<, not Windows, with files from the boot CD.

Here's a link to my entire post for you to read through:

http://www.technoir.nu/libretto/list/2003/msg02294.html

Maybe some other listers can help suggest other ways George can accomplish getting a bigger HDD into his Libby easily. I outlined my thoughts on that in the post linked to above, but I don't know how easy they'd be for him.

Matt

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfeeŽ Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963