Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 06:48:54 -0700
From: Mark Srebnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: 100CT/110CT - Upgrade Advice Please

Would greatly appreciate some upgrading advice.

Have spent some time looking at the list archives and the Adorable Libretto
website. Both great resources!

Been hard to find specific answers to my questions. However, if I've missed
something in the archives or website, just let me know...

Will have my 100CT's tomorrow...

So need some upgrading/accessory advice please.

Even if you just want to answer one or two of my questions that would really
help!

Thanks for any input!

Mark

1.  MOTHERBOARD

Bought a used 110CT motherboard as I understand you can swap them out,
right?

If someone needs a 100CT motherboard let me know... ;-)

2. HARD DRIVES

Since they have small capacity hard drives, would like to upgrade them.

Will the recent high performance Hitachi TravelStar 7K60 - hard drive - 60
GB - ATA-100 - 7200 RPM work in a 100CT?

Anybody try one? Does it get too hot?

If this doesn't work, what would be another good drive?

3. RAM

Any advice on what type/manuf of RAM to buy to upgrade to 64 MB ?

I assume this is the max right?

4. WIFI

Any suggestions on what card to buy?

5. OS

The Lib's I bought come with Win95. Would like to go with something
newer....

Should I go with 98SE or Win2K?

WinXP would run too slow at 233MHz??

6. Linux