Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 05:48:16 -0700
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [LIB] PS/2 mouse conflict w/W98SE & Winamp 5.xx

Philip Nienhuis wrote:
And now a useful hint (for a change):
When after installation of some HW or SW Windows 9x proved to be stable,
I always saved the registry files and config files using Win95's ERU
utility (IIRC somewhere in \Admin on the W95 CDROM). Saved my butt
regularly: when I encountered trouble (sometimes after a particularly
ruinous scandisk session) I restored the system by just restoring the
latest ERU backup. (BTW WinME has a third registry file which must be
copied by hand, I forgot the name.)

Philip

What about for WIN2000 and XP? I just recently had a situation where I
wanted to return my WIN 2000 Libretto 100CT to a previous stable
condition, but could not find a way. I would love to restore a saved
"ERU" for these operating systems.

Dick Sullivan