Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:33:58 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Music on 70ct

From: John Musielewicz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Libretto <libretto@basiclink.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 07:34:49 -0700

From: John Musielewicz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

my roommate used his for mp3 playback and found it
slow under windows. he ended up using a dos program
mplayer (?name) which worked ok in 32 meg ram in
windows. The speaker and amp is crappy--you'll want a
decent pair of  amplified speakers if you don't use
headphones. I used a 70CT in both dos and linux
(windows is a resource pig) and the 70 was great for
mp3 playback.

I've never had major problems running Winamp in Windows on any of my Libs. It will slow down a bit when using the library feature. But heck... I've set up replaygain and gapless playback plugins, and along with using the library most of the time, find it to run quite satisfactorily.

Matt

Libretto list info: