Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 20:07:09 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] SPAM!! Is it Lib list generated?

From: "Chris Hogan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Not me Matt, nothing untoward on my hotmail account or this account.

I get batches of spam every now and then, as a spammer finds the address
somewhere (e.g. librettolist archives), then they peter out over a week or
so once they get put out of action, or the webmaster works out how to filter
them out.

I don't think the 2 list archives are to blame, as long ago all the email domains in them were deleted. Interesting you have Hotmail though, and haven't seen the same ones I've seen in the past few days Chris.

From: "Alan Middleton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

My address is also used solely for this list and now regularly gets spammed.. I suspect some kind soul has subscribed, havested addresses and added them to some lists.

That sounds like a reasonable probablility. Though if that were the case, why would you and I be getting SPAM now and not Chris. All 3 us us have been around here for ages.

Don't think it can be avoided :(

That's for sure. I've set up Yahoo and Hotmail accounts in the past that I didn't use at all for days, and ended up getting SPAM before I sent any email or gave the addresses to anyone. I suspect employees working for them have found ways to make a few extra $$$ in their spare time.

Matt

Libretto list info: