About a month ago we discussed better C++ support and support for dropping
static libraries not compiled with PIC code when creating shared
libraries.

I was wondering what the status of:

1) Adding support for C++ on all (or most) platforms where g++ is used
as the C++ compiler.

2) Adding support to avoid linking in static libraries when creating a
shared library if 1) It is not compiled with PIC code or 2) the user
requests it.

Implementing these two features would REALLY help me out with my Pspell
project (http://psepll.sourceforge.net).  I am willing to do what ever I
can to help out.  I will even be willing to write some code provided
someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

--
Kevin Atkinson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]