On Sun, 28 May 2000, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> Ossama Othman wrote:
> >
> > Hi Stephan,

> > > If you look at http://bugs.kde.org/db/40/4094.html, you'll find out that
> > > they indeed didn't long to find the flaws in the ml-libtool :)
> >
> > Is this flaw specific to the ML branch, or does the HEAD branch suffer
> > from this flaw too?
> >
> I think it's ML specific as it explicitly adds libstdc++.a. HEAD branch
> checks
> for -lstdc++ if it's static and drops it from the linker call

Unless I am mistaken the non ML branch simple does not include -lstdc++ AT
ALL when making C++ libraries, thus libstdc++ being static is not a
problem.  In fact I believe the non ML branch does not do anything special
when creating C++ libraries.  It only known to call c++ when compiling and
linking executables.

This feature was discussed in previous emails at length...

--
Kevin Atkinson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]