> > I'd say a bug, since options libtool doesn't handle itself are moved
> > around when they shouldn't be.
>
> Suck, that was what I was afraid of.  Any workarounds?

None, I'm afraid.  From a quick glance, it seems libtool (well,
ltmain.sh)
collects compiler/linker options in one list, and objects/libraries in
other lists, which are then combined to form the main command line.
Changing this (back) so all options are preserved in the order they were
passed would probably require a quite extensive patch.
Of course, if you're so inclined, a patch for ltmain.in would be gladly
received at [EMAIL PROTECTED] :-)