On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 1:26 AM, Dave Camarillo
<dave.camari...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 3:37 AM, Xiaofan Chen <xiaof...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hopefully the next Mac Mini and iMac will have USB 3.0. And
>> I may want to buy a new Mac Mini with USB 3.0 in the future.
>> My current Mac Mini 2011 works great once I upgraded the
>> RAM from 2GB to 8GB, runs Mac OS X Lion and many
>> other virtual machines great using VirtualBox (17VMs now,
>> Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Ubuntu/Fedora/Debian Linux, FreeBSD,
>> OpenBSD and NetBSD). If I got my next Mac Mini with USB 3.0,
>> I intend to run real Windows and Linux on it with Bootcamp.
>
> -wow, cool... out of curiosity, do you do libusb testing from within
> the VM's? and if so, how well does it work?

Yes it works fine. USB works quite well under VirtualBox so
I can do libusb related testing under the VMs. The performance
may suffer a bit but in general it works fine. I have real machines
running Windows XP x86 and Win7 x64  and Ubuntu 12.04,
for other Linux distros and Windows versions and BSDs, I use
the VMs.

--
Xiaofan