Thanks Peter, it worked!! I got the serial number from
libusb_get_device_descriptor!!   I have the following questions:
1) So I do not have to install Windows Driver for the devivce at all? what
is Zadig ?
2) I need to  have the same code work on Linux, is there a equivalent Zadig
in Linux?
3) I have the some legacy code call ::DeviceIoControl in windows, how do I
map all the parameters to libusb_control_transfer.
Thanks so much again for all your help.
John