On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 04:11:39PM +0400, Evgeniy Sokolov wrote:
2008/9/29 Evgeniy V. Sokolov <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>

              This behaviour contradicts with description found in docs
       (in which
              <source> tag specify interface in host, not in
       container). I think,
              the previous bridge must be specified as
                <interface type='bridge'>
                  <mac address='00:16:3e:34:21:9e'/>
              -     <source bridge='eth10'/>
              +     <target dev='eth10'/>
                </interface>

          You are right. It is bug.

       Well, here is the patch, that fixes that behaviour.

   Your patch is half of fix. It require to fix openvzReadNetworkConf() in
   openvz_conf.c.

Here is a new one. Check it, please.
Patch looks good.
But currently it will work strange because of all drivers (except OpenVZ) in libvirt require specified <source bridge=""/> - it is generic.
With patch you need to specify both
<source bridge='eth10'/> - to satisfy common requirements
<target dev='eth10'/> - to create network

That is not right. The <target> element *must* be optional when creating
a new domain. If omitted, the driver must generated a suitable target
dev according to its desired naming scheme. Only the <source> element
can be compulsory

Agree with you. You say about "how should it be". I say about "how is it now".
Currenty OpenVZ driver don't generate device name - my mistake.

Daniel.