On 10/12/2010 12:26 PM, Eric Blake wrote:

Now that I've done a bit more research; here's the results, to make it easier for others to do:

git config sendemail.chainreplyto false
git config sendemail.thread false
git config format.thread shallow

Then:

git send-email -8 --cover-letter

will automatically send 8 messages all in reply to the cover letter, creating a single thread.

Odd that it should require any configuring - mine has just always worked that way when I do, eg:

   git send-email -8 --compose

(I hadn't seen "--cover-letter" before. The man page for git-send-email only lists "--compose", and I see the man page for git-format-patch only lists --cover-letter, but git send-email accepts both; I assume they're synonyms)