On 10/12/2010 03:56 PM, Mitchell Hashimoto wrote:
I've been working with Justin, and we've been making some progress.
However, I have another question for this list. As a follow-up to
this, I realized that when I download the snapshots and just
"./configure; make; make install" then I get the lazy binding issue.
However, if I go through the entire autogen process:

./autogen.sh
make
make install

Then this issue goes away. Could this be indicative of a bug in the
autotools input perhaps on generating the packages on machines which
aren't Macs? How do I test the packaging myself (on a Mac) so that I
can verify this theory?

Not ringing any bells for me.

What if you do:

./autogen.sh
make
make dist

then expand that tarball to another directory, run ./configure and make, and compare the git tree with the tarball you just created? Also, how does the snapshot compare to your tarball?

Are you using git to create the snapshots (in which case I have no idea how the .gnulib submodule is being handled, if at all), or are they made from some 'make dist' cron job?

--
Eric Blake   ebl...@redhat.com    +1-801-349-2682