On 08/23/2011 02:44 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
On 08/22/2011 01:51 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
Snapshots alter the set of disk image files opened by qemu, so
they must be audited. But they don't involve a full disk definition
structure, just the new filename. Make the next patch easier by
refactoring the audit routines to just operate on file name.

self-NACK to this patch. I was trying to get away from needing a full
virDomainDiskDefPtr, and succeeded in that with my first version of
patch 41/26; but in trying to further extend things to play nicely with
lock manager and SELinux, those clients really do need the full
virDomainDiskDefPtr.

Actually, it turned out useful after all. The lock manager and security labelling only need one disk def at a time; it is only the audit code that needed both old and new disk at the same time. If I modify the existing disk def in place before making the label calls, then I don't need to write a much more difficult disk def cloning function, just to satisfy the one client that needs two disk defs (but really only uses two strings).

--
Eric Blake   ebl...@redhat.com    +1-801-349-2682