On 01/25/2012 09:57 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
On 01/25/2012 09:58 AM, Laine Stump wrote:
To help consolidate the commonality between virDomainHostdevDef and
virDomainInterface into as few members as possible (and because I
think it makes sense), this patch moves the rombar and bootIndex
members into the "info" member that is common to both (and to all the
other structs that use them).

It's a bit problematic that this gives rombar and bootIndex to many
device types that don't use them, but this is already the case for the
master and mastertype members of virDomainDeviceInfo, and is properly
commented as such in the definition.

Note that this opens the door to supporting rombar for other devices
that are attached to the guest PCI bus - virtio-blk-pci,
virtio-net-pci, various other network adapters - which which have that
capability in qemu, but previously had no support in libvirt.
Looks like a reasonable move; the code itself is fine once we accept the
need for the refactoring.  ACK.

Thanks! I pushed this with a slightly different summary:

  conf: put all guest-related HostdevDef data in one object.

I'm deferring patch 2/6 for now though, as even the small changes in v1 of that patch aren't necessary for the rest of this series, but are essential for another series I'm working on now to support intelligent PCI passthrough of network interface devices (via <interface> rather than <hostdev>); in anticipation that I may want to change it a bit still, I'll repost that patch with this new series.