Le samedi 25 janvier 2003 à 08:09, Matthew Smith écrivait:
> Zebedee Gray wrote:
> >I am trying to work out if it is possible for a parent to run a program
> >in the background that will log the contents of chat pages that their
> >children visit.
>
> I can't think of any easy way to do this through a Perl route, unless
> you feel up to writing a proxy server in Perl - this could certainly be
> done with LWP and maybe some DB access modules, but might take a little
> while to code.  Anyone out there done this already?

I've been working for a few months on a HTTP::Proxy module.

My goal is multiple:

 - being able to apply "filters" on both headers and body, on
   request and response (filters being applied when the request/content
   matches certain conditions (mime type, uri, etc)
   => this part mostly works, but not in 0.04 (the last published
      version)
      I still have a few problems with Content-Length, since the
      proxy returns the original one, even when modifying the body

 - being able to log entire sessions, and then (with another module)
   use the information in a tree, to be able to automatically
   create web robots (using WWW::Mechanize) than one could easily
   modify to suit ones needs.
   => this part is not even started :-(

 - adding correct support of RFC 2616, of keep-alive connections,
   and so on

There is a web page for the project, as well as a mailing-list that
receives the commit emails. I am the only person to read these mails
for the moment. ;-)

See http://http-proxy.mongueurs.net/ for more information, and a
snapshot of the CVS repository.

> I think that it would probably be easier to install an off-the-shelf
> proxy and set it to hold all pages visited.  You could then go back and
> peruse at your leisure.

I guess so. :-)

--
 Philippe "BooK" Bruhat

 The faster the climb, the swifter the fall.