David Sanders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I am having a problem with LWP::Simple::get() on a Windows XP installation.
> (LWP version 5.69).
> The following command hangs up (requiring a Cntrl-c):
> perl -e "use LWP::Simple; my \$out=get(\"http://www.cpan.org\";);print \$out"
>
> but this works
> perl -e "use LWP::Simple;getprint(\"http://www.cpan.org\";)"

LWP::Simple::get use a different implementation by default.  You force
it to use the full LWP by importing $ua variable from LWP::Simple.  The
getprint() function always use the full LWP.

I don't see a problem here when executing your example code on Windows
XP.  It would be helpful if you could try to run the hanging code under
the debugger to figure out what happens.

Regards,
Gisle