On Saturday 20 September 2003 05:41 pm, Gisle Aas wrote:
> David Sanders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Thanks, here is where it hangs:
>
> [...]
>
> > LWP::Simple::_trivial_http_get(c:/Perl/site/lib/LWP/Simple.pm:319):
> > 319:       1 while $n = sysread($sock, $buf, 8*1024, length($buf));
> >   DB<1> s
>
> Is sysread hanging or is it looping here because it never returns a
> false value for you?
the value of the $output is undefined at the end of the attempt, where:
$output = get($url);

> Does this happen with any page you try to download or does this
> behaviour depend on the server?
>
> --Gisle
Happens on every server I've tried.  Interestingly getprint and getstore work
fine.  There is a function in Simple.pm called get_old.  If you rename it to
get (and change the other get to get_old) everything works fine.  It may be
that using sysread to get data from a socket (instead of recv or something)
doesn't always work.  What was wrong with the old way?
--
David
[EMAIL PROTECTED]