Le dimanche 25 janvier 2004 à 15:46, John J Lee écrivait:

> BTW, anybody have any tips on software / usage thereof for HTTPS proxying,
> for debugging purposes, and how to set up with LWP?  I've always used
> browser plugins or debugging output from (Python) code until now.

Well, in June 2004, I suppose HTTP::Proxy will support working in a man
in middle manner, so this kind of thing should be quite easy to do.
(I have yet to understand how to use Net::SSLeay, though.)

In fact, you can already use HTTP::Proxy to see inside a HTTPS connection:
set HTTPS_PROXY to point to your HTTP::Proxy proxy, use env_proxy
with your LWP::UA object. LWP::UA does a GET https://www.example.com/
to the proxy, which will fetch the data with SSL, and return it in a
plain (cleartext) HTTP session.

So that you don't have to change your debugging habits when asking
for https URLs.

--
 Philippe "BooK" Bruhat

 "Did I err?"      (Groo, in too many issues to count - ...and *YES* he did!)