On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Philippe 'BooK' Bruhat wrote:

> Le dimanche 25 janvier 2004 à 15:46, John J Lee écrivait:
> >
> > BTW, anybody have any tips on software / usage thereof for HTTPS proxying,
> > for debugging purposes, and how to set up with LWP?  I've always used
> > browser plugins or debugging output from (Python) code until now.
> >

> Well, in June 2004, I suppose HTTP::Proxy will support working in a man
> in middle manner, so this kind of thing should be quite easy to do.

Whoops -- I scanned that thread, then forgot about it ;-)  Thanks.

> (I have yet to understand how to use Net::SSLeay, though.)

Worked out of the box for me (I'm running somebody else's code, though).

> In fact, you can already use HTTP::Proxy to see inside a HTTPS connection:
> set HTTPS_PROXY to point to your HTTP::Proxy proxy, use env_proxy
> with your LWP::UA object. LWP::UA does a GET https://www.example.com/
> to the proxy, which will fetch the data with SSL, and return it in a
> plain (cleartext) HTTP session.
[...]

Any recommendations for a specific one?

Hmm, do these proxies check certificates / revocation lists when they do
that (not that I care, particularly -- just curious)?  What happens when
they fail, if so?

John