On Nov 22, James Pittard said:

I can put a URL in the address bar and get the desired result, but when I
post using LWP, the cgi program I am posting to is telling me that a
required parameter ('message') is missing.  This is the only required
parameter, so I assume the program is not receiveing any of the parameters.

It could simply mean that the CGI program is expecting to find the parameters in the query string, and not via STDIN.

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan        %  How can we ever be the sold short or
RPI Acacia Brother #734    %  the cheated, we who for every service