I'm willing to take a crack at laying out a vision, high level objectives
and some implementation requirements based on my experiences and see how
much interest there is for a group effort if others are interested in
helping out.  I'm sure I'll miss a lot that others with different
experiences could help fill in the gaps in terms of requirements.  Having a
good design going into this is going to be critical to having something
usable, so I think it'd be worthwhile to spend the time documenting what's
needed and potential approaches before defining the solution.

If there's enough interest and potential contributors, we can move forward
from there...  What do you think?

Chris