On 11/23/2006 09:23 PM, Chuck Gelm wrote:
Jacinta Richardson wrote:
http://search.cpan.org

URI:  http://search.cpan.org/author/GAAS/URI-1.35/URI.pm
HTML::Parser: http://search.cpan.org/author/GAAS/HTML-Parser-3.55/Parser.pm

and I'll let you do your own search (I promise it will work) for Compress::Zlib.

All the best,

PS: By the way, if you run Linux or have a Mac you may want to use your operating system's default package manager to fetch and install these modules. Likewise if you run Windows and have installed ActiveState Perl, you may want to use the PPM (package manager) that comes with Active State Perl.

Hi, J:

Thanks.  I see how that web page works now.
It is very alien.  I have never seen a web interface like that before.

The complaint specifies that Compress::Zlib 1.10 is missing and
that web page's search for Compress::Zlib
only returns Compress-Zlib-2.001.tar.gz
<http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/P/PM/PMQS/Compress-Zlib-2.001.tar.gz>.

:-|

I have since found Compress-Zlib-1.10.tar.gz at another site.

I am using Slackware v11.0, kernel 2.6.17.13, but I do not
know how to make its package manager 'fetch'.

Again, Thanks.

Chuck

AFAIK, Slackware's native package manager doesn't fetch things for you. That's part of the reason that the CPAN shell exists.

If you had configured the CPAN shell, you could have installed Compress::Zlib without having to know where it was located. The CPAN shell takes care of that for you.

Oh, and BTW, if you want to update Slackware easily, get a program called "slapt-get."