Hello,

You can give it a try with Perl's cpan tool.

First, as specified on:
http://search.cpan.org/~dland/Crypt-SSLeay-0.57/SSLeay.pm#INSTALL

...you must have OpenSSL up and working.

After that, you can install the module and configure it with:

# cpan Crypt::SSLeay

Which makes it automatic for you on download, create the makefile, build and
install.

I hope this helps,
David.

--