Greetings,

                 I am hoping you can help out with a perl configuration
we have. My name is Rafael, I'm a systems administrator at Morgan
Stanley in Illinois. One of our developers has recently started using
Perlx and has gotten far enough to need to use the https functionality
with Perl.  Upon running their script, they receive the following error:

501 (Not Implemented) Protocol scheme 'https' is not supported
(Crypt::SSLeay not installed)

Client-Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 19:17:13 GMT

Client-Warning: Internal response

LWP will support https URLs if the Crypt::SSLeay module is installed.

More information at <http://www.linpro.no/lwp/libwww-perl/README.SSL>.

I am not versed in the world of Perl or it's configurations and I am
hoping that you may be able to point us in the right direction. I did
find some detailed configuration info online but it contained no info
about what file needs to be adjusted.
http://search.cpan.org/~dland/Crypt-SSLeay-0.57/SSLeay.pm#SUPPORT

On our system, the Perl installation is located at:

/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.3

Is there a way to configure the Crypt::SSLeay module, verify that it
exists and configure our installation to use it?

Forgive me if any of my questions or statements are a bit misguided but
I am new to the wolrd of Perl. If there is any other information you
would need to assist, please let me know. I am more than happy to
provide any more info you may need.

Thanks,

Rafael Sanchez

Morgan Stanley