On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 17:01, Jeff Stoner<leapf...@freeshell.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jun 2009, Gisle Aas wrote:
>
>> I would like to avoid this kind of test.  First because that allow me
>> to use the native type names directly,
>
> The change doesn't prevent this. You can specify either the native name or
> the alias name.

I misread you line of code.  I've been doing to much Python programing
lately where iterating over a hash just gives you the keys :-)

>> the module to support types that the web-service introduce after the
>> module was released.
>
> How can I be a BOFH if I let people do what they want, when and how they
> want.  ;-)
>
> But I do understand this point. Making it "mostly future-proof" means less
> work for users and you to maintain it. My change certainly prevents that.

Changing it to just warn (with carp) instead might be an acceptable compromise.

> Since it's a one line change, I can easily track the differences between my
> local copy and your official distribution.
>
>> I don't belive passing the wrong type will be a common error.  You
>> will need to test the generated URLs anyway and the error will be
>> discovered then.
>
> That's how I came up with the suggestion - I used your example in the POD.
> You used "line" instead of "lines" and generated a broken api call.

Oh, I'll fix that broken docs then.  There was even another severe
typo in that code.

--Gisle