> > * Nicknames became garbage if the locale wasn't ascii based.
>
> I am sorry to report that the issue does not seem to be fixed (despite
> my previous "works for me" report).
>
> Now, the alias seems to be cut off at first non-ascii character. For
> example, Kučera is chenged to Kuč after re-logging onto the server.
>
> I will investigate a little bit more.

Hello again.

It looks like I have been not thorough enough when testing the patch (as
seen on the list) previously...

When the system encoding is UTF-8 and a user has a different encoding
set up (can be found in their users/<uid>.Licq file), this user's alias
gets cut off at first non-ascii character. (Correction to previous
report: "Kučera" gets cut to "Ku".) Default encoding in licq options
does not seem to matter (tested with UTF-8 and CP 1250).

Thanks.

Rudo.