On 10/4/05, Rudo Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When the system encoding is UTF-8 and a user has a different encoding
> set up (can be found in their users/<uid>.Licq file), this user's alias
> gets cut off at first non-ascii character. (Correction to previous
> report: "Kučera" gets cut to "Ku".) Default encoding in licq options
> does not seem to matter (tested with UTF-8 and CP 1250).

Hmm, well I have found a problem in the daemon last time.. and now one
in the qt-gui. Please update from CVS and let me know if it fixes it
for you. The problem is that the daemon uses UTF8 for the nicknames
(at least that are with the server), and the qt-gui tries to re-encode
it to UTF8 from the default encoding.

Now, does it break anything? If you have users on your list that
aren't with UTF8 encoded aliases, I think it won&t display them. If
that is the case.. hmmm.. requires more work...

Jon

Jon Keating                ICQ: 16325723
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.licq.org        GPG: 2290A71F
http://www.thejon.org      HOME: Minamiashigara, Japan