On Thursday 03 April 2003 05:57 pm, Velko Petrov wrote:
> 1. After downloading the contact list from icq servers for the first
> time, all users are offline, until I log off form icq and then log back
> on. This is very annoying, because the visitors don't know they have to
> login twice. Is there a workaround for this?

Not yet, I'll look into the problem.. from what I guess it should be a little
bug and easy to fix.

> 2. The details for other users (email, address, work, about etc.) are
> unavailable until the Update button is pressed. Our visitors don't know
> they have to press the Update button. Is it possible to have the details
> automatically updated when viewed (like in icq for windows) ?

I don't really like doing this, if you open up their info and have your own
info in there for them, it will automatically be overwritten just by opening
the info window.  I would only expect the values to be overwritten if I hit
the update button.

> 3. We are behind a masquerading linux router and can't send direct
> messages. Can I configure masquerading in a way that will allow direct
> message sending for multiple licq clients behind the masqerading router
> (port forwarding to a single machine is not an option) ?

The only way to get direct messaging from the outside world is to forward
ports.  Licq can be configured for port ranges, and you can forward those
ports to the appropriate machine.  Is that what you are talking about?

> The auto send through server option does not work reliably, is there a
> way to make licq always send messages through server (again, Visitors
> don't know they have to check the "send through server" checkbox) ?

Not at the moment, however, I was thinking of an always send through sever
option.

Jon