Jon Keating wrote:

2. The details for other users (email, address, work, about etc.) are
unavailable until the Update button is pressed. Our visitors don't know
they have to press the Update button. Is it possible to have the details
automatically updated when viewed (like in icq for windows) ?

I don't really like doing this, if you open up their info and have your own info in there for them, it will automatically be overwritten just by opening the info window. I would only expect the values to be overwritten if I hit the update button.

Perhaps the auto update could be done as a once only thing, the first time you view their details? Either store a flag, or check if all fields are blank.

3. We are behind a masquerading linux router and can't send direct
messages. Can I configure masquerading in a way that will allow direct
message sending for multiple licq clients behind the masqerading router
(port forwarding to a single machine is not an option) ?

The only way to get direct messaging from the outside world is to forward ports. Licq can be configured for port ranges, and you can forward those ports to the appropriate machine. Is that what you are talking about?

you could port forward 60001-60010 to machine A, 60011-60020 to machine B, 60021-60030 to machine C etc