On Saturday 05 April 2003 10:08, Jon Keating wrote:

> > If I select some text in Netscape 7 then when I paste into the Licq
> > window I just get "þ?".  Every time.  On the other hand, if I paste
> > it into an xterm then re-select it there and paste into the Licq
> > window, it works.
> >
> > This is Solaris 9 and Licq 1.2.2, by the way.  Anyone know what's
> > going on?
>
> It's a Qt problem.  If you have konqueror installed, you'll see you
> can't copy from a non Qt program to konqueror or any other Qt program.

        Is that just on Solaris?  In Gentoo Linux here, I did a little testing of
this:  I just copied your e-mail text from KMail into gEdit, a URL from
gEdit into Konqueror, and a URL from Konqueror into d4x (a Gtk+ download
manager).  All of these work fine, as expected.
        I have had some trouble copying to/from Mozilla, but just now I was able
to copy text from the main window, and a URL from the Location.  Paste
into Location worked as well, but I do remember sometimes *not* being
able to paste into it -- as if Mozilla (1.2.1 here) is not using the same
clipboard as everybody else.

        Perhaps the problem has to do with... hm... maybe a different encoding
being used in Netscape than in Licq?  Ian, if you're using KDE, you can
use the "Klipper" tool to see whether your Netscape text made it to the
shared clipboard -- select text in Netscape and see what it looks like in
the Klipper history.  If it looks ok there, but doesn't get pasted into
Licq properly, maybe this info could help locate the trouble.

--
// Carl Hudkins :: ICQ 5723399 :: PGP 50238D9E
//