In the FAQ there was no mentioning of being able to bypass a proxy
with the https protocol (the GUI showed som socket5 setting).

The company I am at now have a firewall/proxy that only can be bypassed
using https. The Windows-ICQ was the only chatt-client that was able
to bypass it (Neither MS-messenger or Yahoo-messenger was able to).

My proxy also requires a user/password login before it can be used for
http or https traffic.

Now when I have moved over to Linux, I was hoping there was a ICQ client
also here that could do the same trick.

Are there any plans on adding this feature to licq?

The windowsversion have many different alternative bypass mechanisms.
>From the top of my head socks4,socks5,https and probably some more.

Regards,
Peter Lund