On 09/09/2008, at 7:47 PM, Tim Perrett wrote:

> I agree - its strange and not what we would expect.
>
> What version of SQL server are you running? Im using 2005 Enterprise
> here...

I think thats what they are using at my company

> Its just a really strange thing, the 100 is always ignored... I think
> it just needs a 2nd parameter there, even if its going to ignore it.
> Thats certainly what it looks like from the SQL thats being run
> anyway. I would have thought the GenerationType.IDENTITY would mean
> that it knows not to use it in SQL inserts/updates, but obviously not.

I assume that you have run a simple unit test to do an insert with
persist e.g.
   def testOK = {

     val na = new Author()
     na.name = "HELLO THERE!!!!!"
     Model.persist(na)

     val authors = Model.createNamedQuery[Author]
("findAllAuthors").getResultList()

     authors.foreach(author => {
         println("name: "+author.name)
         author.books.foreach(book => println("   title: "+book.title))
       })
   }

If you are still having problems, "mvn clean" your project, zip it up
and mail it to me - I'll run it tomorrow morning, when I get to work

Oliver