Well, I got it working, but it required deleting and re-cloning the
liftweb directory, and deleting liftweb from the .m2 repository. As I
suspected, the code is correct on the server.

So what am I doing wrong here? Why is it that git won't update the local
code properly? Why do I have to keep deleting things from the Maven
repository? Shouldn't the -u option update things? Is all this stuff
broken or am I missing some important concept?

I assume there is some sort of flag I need to add to get everything to
update properly. I still haven't figured out how to get Maven to
download the lift-webkit without me installing it locally.

Any git or maven geniuses out there willing to divulge the secret?

Chas.