No, I'm trying to pull from the snapshot repo, but when that fails (and
after repeated efforts), I'm installing as a last resort. I have no
desire to do both.

That said, I think I'll try blowing away the repo again and see if it
will pull from Hudson. Maybe the problem was that Lift was installed
locally, so Maven refused to update it. (It makes no sense to me that it
would refuse to update it even when the -U flag was used, but maybe
that's the case.)

Chas.