If you want to render a model 30 different ways in 30 different contexts, it
kind of sucks though, doesn't it?

Or what if, shock horror, you don't know how the eventual system is going to
want to render the model (i.e., the person doing the rendering won't be able
to change the model code.) Not too uncommon, I don't think...

Kris