As long as we're talking about parsers for JSON, is there some problem or
something missing from the Scala library's JSON parser that keeps us from
using that in Lift?

http://www.scala-lang.org/docu/files/api/scala/util/parsing/json/JSON$object.html

I maintain that one, so if there's some issue that needs to be addressed I'd
be happy to try and rectify it. I'm guessing that if Lift can't use it for
some reason then it may be an issue for other people as well.

Derek