Jetty's fine for serving static content.  It's not going to be materially
slower than Apache.

I would remove Apache from the mix all together.  It adds nothing other than
nice logging.  I use Nginx because it's lighter weight and does a lot better
with a lot of open HTTP requests (think Comet).

So, I'd opt for #1.  By the time you're serving up enough pages to push the
limits of SliceHost, you're probably serving 60+ pages/second and might have
a real business.

Git some: http://github.com/dpp