I agree that the wiki needs a clear remit. I have found it very useful
for learning (especially the cheat sheet). But the first thing I ever
did with lift (which was only last week) was firstly to read the
'getting started' document but secondly to RTFS (only some of it!), in
particular Mapper. The API documentation is also invaluable for ultra-
beginner learning. I felt reading the source code gave me the best
feeling for the inside of Lift's head.

I do think the wiki should be solidified and contain a page on every
getting-started subject. But I think reading the source is an
important step in learning and understanding Lift and the wiki should
not duplicate the kind of information you can get that way. Things
like the comments missing from the source (and therefore from the API)
are perhaps better targets of Wiki material. Although perhaps that
could be solved by adding more comments to source...

I think the abstractions in Lift are fantastic but it doesn't do
learners any favours to protect them from the abstractions that lie
below...

(by the way, how do I get an account? There's some typos I could fix)

Joe