I wholeheartedly agree with the philosophy of separating the display
from the program logic, and am currently getting to grips with the
generators, but am finding that now I end up with a degree of markup
within my code.

Can you think of any caveats to infering the node type passed, and
dynamically using the relevant generators to construct the returned
node.

I am thinking something along the lines of:

<person:biography>
<textarea style="myStyle" cols="20" rows="5">
This is a sample of some biography text
</textarea>
</person:biography>

Where it would automatically infer that it is a textarea, pass through
the relevant attributes, and insert whatever function, values, etc I
have specified in my snippet.

What are your thoughts on this?

Brgds,

Matt