I had the same problem a while ago. I'm not sure if I fixed it then, but I
think it had to do with the db still being open possibly. When the code changes
does the servlet get undeployed?
You might need to run derby in server mode.
Lately I've been launching jetty without maven, and to get it to reload eclipse
calls an ant script that touches the context.xml. I'm using h2 in tcp mode.
Another option is JavaRebel which often obviates the need to redeploy.
Sorry I can't help you better--I'm interested in any more information there is
about this too.

David Pollak<feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com> wrote:

I won't have a chance to look at it until next week, but maybe somebody else
could step in here and help.

Git some: http://github.com/dpp