often it helps to do a dummy change and see if the compilation
correctly syncs with jetty's restart.
Once in a while jetty runs amok though (out of memory) - the kill and
restart

it's not really a solution but it helps to go on

in the end, I'm not a big fan of "mvn scala:cc" option since most of
the times jetty starts up when the compiler is only
half way through

markus