Hi Eric,

Here are a few comments and suggestions.

- Honestly, I don't think that lift and scala are the right places for
you to start out.  The systems are very powerful, but relatively new,
and so they are still geared towards more experienced programmers.
- You'll need more than a month to become comfortable with an entirely
new programming environment.
- The java toolset can be confusing.  Try NetBeans; it's easier to
understand than Eclipse.
- An e-commerce program would take years to get right, but if that's
what inspires you, you might want to focus on just small parts of such
a program instead.

Cheers,
Ellis