Sorry, it was a "beginning scala" problem: Instead of

val prod = Product.create.... i had
def prod = Product.create...

then prod.save returned true and prod.id=-1...

Also sorry for posting this twice, but for some reason it took several
hours until the mails showed up on the list, I didn't expect that...

BTW: I have bought your Lift book (the paper version...), and I am a
little disappointed that it has neither an appendix nor an index. What
was the reason for that?

Cheers, Steffen.

--
Steffen Weissmann

Technische Universitaet Berlin - Math. Department - MA 3-2

Str. des 17. Juni 136
10623 Berlin - Germany

Phone: +49 30 314-29278
Mail: weissm...@math.tu-berlin.de